Partners in Contraceptive Choice and Knowledge (PICCK) believes that abortion is and always will be a human right. Every person has a right to comprehensive family planning services, including deciding if and when to parent. We believe that abortion is health care and a vital component to family planning.
We are deeply concerned about the implications of the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization opinion for access to all reproductive health care, including contraception. Our role as providers is, and will always be, to support patients in achieving their contraceptive needs and pregnancy desires. As we live and work within this new reality, we are committed to patient autonomy and remaining patient-centered. We encourage providers to continue counseling on the full range of methods and centering patients’ preferences and values.
Despite our fears about the uncertainty of this moment, we are here to support providers and patients with education and resources. Below are some resources that PICCK has created that may be helpful. As always, our peer organizations continue to produce helpful resources on these topics.
- The Critical Role of Contraceptive Providers in Pregnancy Options Counseling and Abortion Referrals Enduring Webinar *Note: This webinar was recorded in March 2022. Much of the information about abortion referrals remains relevant, however depending on your state regulations there may now be limitations on your practice.
- Self-Managed Medication Abortion Live Webinar on November 16, 2022 at 12:00PM ET with Liza Fuentes, DrPH
- Keynote Address: Contraception Innovations Today and On the Horizon: Research, Partnership, Advocacy and Organizing to Advance Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice at PICCK’s Third Annual Meeting on September 17, 2022
- Contraception Decision Aid (available in English and Spanish) and Method Information Sheets
- Emergency Contraception Resources